With the digital world getting more and more search engine-oriented in 2022, picking the best CMS for SEO of the website is of optimum importance. There are a lot of Content Management Systems (CMS) available on the internet but marketers are caught between selecting a seamless and a customizable CMS. If you are someone with the same confusion, our SEO experts at Digitactix can help.
Content Management System (CMS) in Layman’s Terms
Hosted CMS or Self-Hosted CMS?
Before we dive deeper, one thing we should mention. And it’s that websites can have a hosted CMS or a self-hosted one.
- With a hosted CMS you can purchase software that builds and hives your website.
- You don’t have to worry about updating or keeping an eye on your website.
- Indeed, it’s simple to use.
- Therefore, uploading blogs, managing the website and content is easy.
- But often hosted CMSs cap your freedom to customize and use a few functions of the website.
- A self-hosted CMS, on the other hand, provides good value and flexibility.
- You’ll need a developer to build and maintain your website.
- Building a website on self-hosted CMS is a time-consuming process.
- Also, it requires HTML coding for building and management.
- Not to mention, it gives you the full freedom to structure, layout, and designs your website as per your wish.
But if you are a digital marketer or business owner or individual willing to build your website, we recommend you opt for a hosted CMS. It’ll save your time, efforts, and money for creating your website and keeping it updated. And if you are having issues with website hosting, you can always reach out to the best SEO agency in Mumbai.
Why is CMS important for SEO?
There are over 200 ranking factors for websites on Google. And many of them depend on the performance and the potential of the CMS you choose for your website. For instance,
- Page loading speed
- Elements of On-Page
- Preferences for Indexing
- Canonicalization and many more.
Hence, if you want to attract more organic traffic to your website you must choose the best CMS for the SEO of your website. So that it allows optimum performance and functionality of the SEO activities. The reason behind it is that, unlike other SEO practices, you need to choose the CMS at the very beginning of your website development. Therefore, once you do the right selection you are a few steps ahead in getting the desired results.
Key SEO Features to Look on While Choosing a CMS
For effective management of your SEO activities, you need to consider a few important SEO features of the CMS. For instance:
- First, customizable URLs to show an organized structure
- Second, flexible option for hierarchical post structure and categorization
- Third, canonicalization to avoid issues with copy content
- Then, flexible navigation options
- Next, internal linking options with related topics
- Also, options for modifications of meta tags
- Then, web design that is well responsive to mobile devices and desktops
- The adaptability of the CMS to different languages and regional versions
- Light-weight and future-proof framework for easy update
- Built-in analytics tool for deeper insights and performance tracking
- Integration options with social media accounts and feeds
- Attract email subscribers and support RSS feed generation
- Plugins for website speed improvement and image compression
- Security extensions or robust security features for better protection
- Option for regularly scheduled backups and support etc.
Our SEO experts have years of experience in advanced search engine optimization activities. So follow these tried and tested ways of CMS selection and get the best results. Now take a look at the 4 most useful and easy-to-use CMSs that will help you take your business to the next level.
Expert’s Choice: 4 Picks on the Best CMS for SEO
So now that you have gained some idea of the CMS and its importance for SEO, here’s our expert suggestion for your website. Going with the hosted CMS like WordPress, Shopify, Magento, Squarespace, etc. will bring you optimum results. How? Let’s see!
First, there is WordPress. WordPress is the world’s most used CMS with more than 60 million users. From an SEO perspective, it’s the best CMS choice. And here are the reasons why.
- Because of its user-friendliness, even beginners can manage and optimize their websites with it.
- You’ll be able to host or self-host your website using the WordPress platform.
- Creating an SEO-friendly website is easier with WordPress.
- Plugins are very important aspects that are used to increase the value of your WordPress website.
- With it adding titles, meta descriptions, headings, image alt tags, custom URLs for posts and pages, etc. are easy.
- Also, WordPress lets you add complex blogs to your website and change the settings of the permalinks for better management.
- Using categories and different tags to organize your valuable contents in the dashboard and building and managing the navigation menus were never easier before WordPress.
Check out the below image of the WordPress dashboard for more clarity.
Plugins add new functionality and value to your WordPress website and extend its existing functionality. It can make everything on your website, from making small tweaks to massive changes. However, to extract more advanced features from WordPress there are a lot of plugins available. For example, Yoast SEO, RankMath, WP Rocket, Smush, etc.
You can use the right plugins to get a lot of advantages on your website. For example, you can get the best SEO tips for writing the blogs, set up the redirects, generate the website’s XML sitemap, supervise the analytics, optimize and speed up your website. Meanwhile, if you are looking for expert help in SEO keyword research for the content and blogs of your website, feel free to drop us a line.
Yoast SEO is the most popular WordPress plugin for On-page SEO. It provides tips for writing readable content, using keywords, adding internal links, optimizing image alt text and meta descriptions, etc. Yoast SEO offers both free and premium versions. Here we have attached an image of the Yoast SEO plugin for more clarity.
Next, there is Shopify. Shopify is the one-stop solution for starting, growing, and managing your eCommerce business. It’s one of the leading eCommerce CMS platforms. Here’s the reason why.
- Shopify provides inventory management, data tracking, product management, order processing, etc. Indeed, all these make it easier for any business to maintain the website.
- It’s the best platform for the marketer of an eCommerce business who jams on plugins and automation and not a fully custom website.
- Also, Shopify is a very easy-to-use platform for anyone without coding knowledge and experience.
- Here you can set up a professional eCommerce store in a very easy way.
- It is a hosted CMS and hence no such maintenance is required.
- In fact, Shopify is a third-party website that provides a smooth shipment process of your products. It provides an “Abandoned Cart Recovery” tool that recovers your items in the cart even after you leave the site in the middle of your shopping.
Marketers across the world consider Shopify as the best CMS for SEO of their eCommerce websites. The reason behind this is that Shopify enables a website to sell its products and services in various online places. For example, on social media, desktop web browsers, mobile applications, physical shops, online shops like Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Pop-up shops, etc. In short, with Shopify, you can sell your products literally anywhere and everywhere.
The advantages of choosing Shopify from an SEO perspective are:
- Shopify SEO has a number of in-built SEO features.
- As a result, you can easily optimize your website pages with Shopify SEO.
- Then, it automatically takes care of some aspects of technical SEO like auto-generated canonical tags that will keep identical contents from displaying in search results.
- Next, auto-generated Robots.txt and XML files, themes that are connected to social media and let the users share products to market.
- As a marketer, you just need to aptly manage your content since content optimization is the key factor for the product pages of any eCommerce site.
For the best help in eCommerce SEO services, you can always reach out to Digitactix. And for your clearer view, we have attached an image of the Shopify dashboard. Have a look.
Magento is an open-source eCommerce platform that allows marketers to manage their websites in one place. It is created by Adobe and is considered to be the best CMS for enterprise eCommerce. Look at the features of Magento:
- Magento is a great platform for marketers in a large tech-fluent sector who are looking for maximizing their website content, user experience, and personalization to overpower a competitive industry.
- It offers the user full control over the website’s design, layout, and functions.
- This is a mobile-friendly CMS and provides customers with the best mobile shopping experience.
- It also offers various extensions to set up and optimize your website.
Magento offers two versions:
- First, Magento Open Source
- Second, Magento Commerce
The former one is a free self-hosted version the users can download and customize as per their needs. Whereas the latter is a premium platform that offers more freedom and value to the users.
Look at the image attached below for better clarity on Magento. And for affordable SEO services in India, reach out to Digitactix.
Squarespace offers one of the best CMS platforms for small brands. It is a visually appealing CMS that enables millions to build their brand, share their stories and execute effortless business in a beautiful environment. With Squarespace, one can build, set up, and run a website very quickly. It is a hosted platform and is easy to use and look after. So with your website on Squarespace, you can focus on other aspects of your business.
So What’s the Best CMS for SEO of Your Website in 2022?
The right CMS with the right traits and extensions is the key to build and optimize a website or an online shop for the users and search engines. Hence, choosing the right one is a crucial step. As the best SEO agency in Mumbai, we at Digitactix recommend WordPress for brands of all scale and potential and Shopify for eCommerce setups. For more insights or any help regarding the same, Get in Touch with us.