Social Media Marketing is one of the most effective marketing methods that the top digital marketing companies in India or all over the world apply for businesses of all shapes and sizes, industries, and viewers.
In fact, according to 92% of online marketers, social media has helped boost their exposure (Source: Digital Marketing Institute). So if you don’t yet leverage on social media to its fullest, you’re missing out on a huge business opportunity.
However, not all social media platforms serve the same purpose, and businesses must be aware of that. Just because a site is popular, it doesn’t mean it’ll suit your business.
So how do you select the best social media platform for your business? Here we have discussed three steps that the best social media marketing agency in Mumbai or anywhere in India suggests applying.
So keep reading!
Steps for Choosing the Right Social Media:
- Know the Prospective Buyers of Your Brand:
Start with knowing your potential audience. Try to be as specific as possible so that it makes your decision easier. Find the following:
- Which type of customer your brand has?
- How old are they?
- Are they men or women?
- Then what is the status of their income and literacy?
- Other than the product and service that your brand offers, what are they interested in?
Now find these answers to build out a profile of the prospective buyers of your brand.
- Determine Your Business Goals:
As you know the audience, now let’s set your business goals for them. Generally, brands use social media to develop brand awareness, friendly relationships, etc. with prospective buyers.
So you can brainstorm the ways social media can help your brand and set your business goals accordingly.
- Find Prospective Buyers on Social Media:
Now that you have known the prospective buyers and defined your business goals, let’s find its audience. Companies with the best social media services in India, share some tips to choose a suitable online platform for your business.
Identify the social media platform the audience uses by scanning the demographics of the users of those platforms. Also, you can research the purpose each individual uses any online platform.
Apart from that, you can also find out how active they are on those platforms. For instance, although young people have their Facebook profiles, they’re more active on Instagram.
For some further help regarding the same, we have discussed the following.
Which Social Media Platform will be the Best for Your Brand?
Facebook is, by far, the largest social media platform with the majority of active users all over the globe. Generally, brands with products that are visually driven, use this platform for their promotion.
This platform is good for promoting local events and building relationships. The aim is to build a community.
Let us show you some findings by noteworthy online surveys. They can help you shape your decision.
- Facebook has 2.23 Billion monthly active users (Source: Social Media Today)
- All ages of people use Facebook, among them, 53% are Female (Source: Social Media Today)
- 93% of the most engaging posts on FB are enclosed with photos (Source: Quick Sprout)
- 42% of Facebook users like a page to get discounts (Source: Quick Sprout)
- 77% of B2C marketers have secured customers using Facebook (Source: Quick Sprout)
So, Facebook is an excellent platform for lead generation and turning leads into stable customers. Different types of content are appropriate for Facebook. Here your brand can reach a global audience but there is a huge competition as well.
Brand promotion on Instagram is another one among the best social media services in India. It is a rapidly growing online platform among the young generation. It is also a visual-based platform, just like Pinterest.
- Instagram has around 1 Billion monthly active users (Source: Social Media Today)
- Most of the users are between the ages of 18 to 29 and 68% of them are female (Source: Social Media Today)
Instagram is a great platform for making personal connections. But you need to put a lot of creative effort to generate business from this platform.
According to the top social media marketing agency in Mumbai LinkedIn is the most suitable platform for B2B businesses. It’s also a great platform for generating huge leads. Let’s have a look at some statistics.
- LinkedIn has 590 million active monthly users (Source: Social Media Today)
- Most of the users here are between the ages of 25 – 54, among them 56% are male (Source: Social Media Today)
- 91% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn (Source: Quick Sprout)
- 65% of B2B companies have acquired a customer through LinkedIn (Source: Quick Sprout)
- 40% of B2B customers say this platform is important for exploring technologies and services to purchase (Source: Quick Sprout)
Indeed, LinkedIn is perfect for editorial content. Texts with images are suitable content formats on this platform. It can help you establish your brand as a trusted pioneer in your field and build brand authority.
Twitter is a suitable platform for sharing breaking news, announcements, important messages, and other urgent information. If your business goal is to connect the influencers then Twitter is for you.
Now check some recent findings:
- Twitter has around 326 Million monthly active users (Source: Social Media Today)
- Most of the users here are under 50 years old (Source: Digital Marketing Institute)
- 53% of brands in the Information and communication field reported the usage of the highest rate of blogs (Source: Quick Sprout)
- 85% of B2B marketers use Twitter (Source: Quick Sprout)
- To the 50% B2B marketers, Twitter is an effective social media channel (Source: Quick Sprout)
Only textual contents like how-to articles or quotations etc. are suitable for Twitter. Again, images perform better in the platform than video content. But the posts here have a very short life span.
According to the top digital marketing companies in India YouTube is one of the biggest search engine platforms across the globe. A lot of the searches are there for how-to videos. So if you want to target new customers with compelling video content, you can think about YouTube. Consider the following information for your convenience.
- YouTube has around 1.9 Billion monthly active users (Source: Social Media Today)
- All ages of people use this platform, among them, 62% are male (Source: Social Media Today)
- 52% of customers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in the online purchase (Source: Quick Sprout)
So YouTube is great for businesses related to the service industry who can offer this type of compelling how-to video content.
Pinterest is a great platform if you are looking for driving traffic, getting leads, and a boost in sales. The main content format in this platform is Image.
- Pinterest has around 250 Million monthly active users (Source: Social Media Today)
- 92% of Pinterest pins are used by women (Source: Quick Sprout)
- 69% of Pinterest users are female (Source: Quick Sprout)
- 70% of users in the platform are for shopping inspiration (Source: Quick Sprout)
- 57% of users discuss topics that are related to food (Source: Quick Sprout)
Pinterest is a visual dominated platform. So you’ll need stronghold on graphics to engage your target customers.
From the above discussion hopefully, you have got an idea of the best social media platform for the marketing of your Brand. So which platform are you going to invest in? Let us know in the comments.
Get in Touch with us if you have any questions regarding social media marketing, we’re happy to assist you!